Dear customers, friends, colleagues,
Here is our 67th newsletter of April 2018. The entire EXPERTOX team wishes you a good reading.
- Evaluation of the content-container interaction
In order to improve the evaluation of the container-content interaction, EXPERTOX laboratory has established a list of molecules with a potential health risk or being prohibited in the finish product; these molecules are likely to migrate from the package to the product. This list has been established using the food regulation , data from the literature on the migration of plastic packaging in foodstuffs, molecules that are banned or restricted in cosmetic products according to the European regulation n° 1223 / 2009  and finally based on the list of molecules suspected to be at risk for health or the environment by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) . The list has also been completed by other molecules that could be a threat to the health.
Therefore, it is necessary to update the method to identify and quantify compounds that may migrate from the package to the product. The article « Optimization of the method of the content-containing interaction evaluation for cosmetic products by gas chromatography – mass spectrometry recently accepted in International Journal of Cosmetic Science (doi: 10.1111 / ics.12460) describes the method .
 Regulation (EC) n°1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products (OJ L 342, 22.12.2009, pp. 59-209)
 Council Directive 82/711/EEC of 18 October 1982 laying down the basic rules necessary for testing migration of the constituents of plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs (OJ L 297, 23.10.1982, pp. 26–30)
 List ECHA SVHC https://echa.europa.eu/candidate-list-table [18/11/2016]
 C. Charron, S. De Vaugelade, F. Richard, A. Largitte and S. Pirnay. Optimization of the method of the content-containing interaction evaluation for cosmetic products by gas chromatography – mass spectrometry. Journal: International Journal of Cosmetic Science. Accepted April 2018.
- Miss de VAUGELADE de BREUILLAC Ségolène’s thesis defense
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at the Ecole polytechnique de VAUGELADE du BREUILLAC Ségolène defended her thesis entitled “Determination of the parameters necessary for the evaluation of the Minimum Durability Date (MDD) and the Period After Opening (PAO) of the cosmetic emulsions”, conducted under the direction of Dr Stéphane Bouchonnet and Dr Stéphane Pirnay, Ségolène’s thesis received the following high distinction “very honourable”.
- Valérie PICHON, professor of Universities at l’ESPCI, Paris
- Jean-Michel WARNET, professor Emeritus of Universities at Paris V University, Paris
- Corinne GOSMINI, Director of Research – CNRS at Ecole polytechnique, Palaiseau
- Said KINANI, Research Engineer at l’Electricité de France, Paris
- Stéphane PIRNAY, Expert toxicologist, Pharmacist, Expertox, Paris
- Stéphane BOUCHONNET, Researh Engineer at l’Ecole polytechnique, Palaiseau
- New version of the ISO certification
We are very delighted and proud to announce that we received, on the 26th of April, the new version of the ISO certification : ISO 9001 : 2015. Since its creation, EXPERTOX is committed to guarantee the quality of its services for its clients. That is why, we keep on improving the quality both of our services and of our management techniques to insure a most enjoyable customer experience. “This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. Using ISO 9001 : 2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services.” (iso.org)
- Intervention of Dr. Stephane Pirnay on multiple TV shows
Dr. Stephane Pirnay was present on multiple TV shows this month :
- He talked about the value for money of cosmetics on the news bulletin of TF1. If you want to know whether a low cost cosmetics product is of a less quality, you can watch it on TF1Replay.
- He explained, in Le Magazine de la santé presented by Michel Cymes and Marina Carrère d’Encausse, the security of toys.
- He also took part in the show of France5 about the preservatives added in food such as French fries.
From May 1st 2018 to May 31st 2018, EXPERTOX laboratory gives you a 5% discount COV. (Discount Code: LABMAY2018 to be entered on the order form).
From April 1st 2018 to April 30th 2018, EXPERTOX agency gives you a 5% discount on the pre-validation (Discount Code: CABMAY2018 to be entered on the order form).
Do not hesitate to visit our website and our LinkedIn page where you will find our latest news (articles, presence on different TV programs and more).